At Electric Square, the worlds we create are crucial to our games and in delivering fantastic experiences to our players. Our portfolio includes ‘Forza Street’ and ‘Hot Wheels id,’ with ‘Assassin’s Creed VR’ and electrifying AAA console games currently in development and even more about to start! Together with 3 studios, 230 people, 8 projects (and our studio dogs!), we offer world-class projects with a unique studio culture to ensure our teams feel empowered and inspired
We can offer you an award-winning working environment with an employee satisfaction rating of 4.8 out of 5 on Glassdoor. At Electric Square, we don't just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Electric Square is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated Environment Artist to join our Brighton-based team working on an exciting, new unannounced project.
An Environment Artist at Electric Square:
- Makes a significant direct contribution to the creation of AAA world art, level design and lighting.
- Works closely with the Art Lead to establish the project's aesthetic and technical standards for environment art.
- Contributes to level design and works with the level design team on all aspects of gameplay relating to the game environments.
- Oversees and supports the external management and integration of outsourced content.
- Problem solves and consistently presents sound solutions to technical issues related to the creation of real-time game environments.
- Proactively assists in defining art pipelines and best practices against industry benchmarks.
When you join Electric Square, you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. Whether its participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked one of Brighton's incredible pop-up diners. The Studio knows that it’s the best people that make the best games and this is what Electric Square invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as an Electric Square team member.
- Holidays - 25 days’ annual leave entitlement, including studio closure over the Christmas period plus all UK bank holidays
- Bonus Anniversary Holidays - An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary working at Electric Square, up to a maximum of 30 days of annual leave entitlement.
- Generous Team Project Bonuses (usually paid when product ships/launches)
- Company Pension Scheme – Employer contribution matching award winning pension scheme provided by NEST under the UK governments automatic enrolment scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme – Full private medical cover provided by BUPA Healthcare.
- Group Income Protection
- Health and Well-being Allowance – £50 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities, ranging from going to the gym, rock climbing, yoga and a lovely massage. It's on us!
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance Scheme – Full private dental cover provided by Bupa.
- Volunteer Time Off ‘Electric Square in the Community’ – Spend one day per year on full-pay volunteering for the non-profit organisation of your choice.
- Tech Scheme - Over 5,000 products available from to buy over 12 or 24-month payment terms, saving up to 12% on National Insurance.
- Cycle to Work Scheme – Salary sacrifice cycle purchase scheme with tax savings through Cycle Scheme.
- Free Fresh Home Cooked Electric Square Monthly Friday Lunch – Monthly Friday lunches bought to us by one of many amazing local pop-up diners – all local and organic meat and vegan recipes. A wonderful way to catch up with everyone on a Friday over a beer or a bottle of Kombucha!
- Eye-care Vouchers – Free eye tests.
- Train Travel Season Ticket Loan – Interest-free company loan to spread the cost of an annual season ticket.
- Free Awesome Swag – Sleek Electric Square T-shirts and merch, with the iconic Electra symbol emblazoned on the front. New ranges are out every season.
- Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console.
- Free locally roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
- Free Cereal Bar – Extensive granola, muesli and breakfast cereal selections.
- Exclusive anniversary presents – After your first and third year as an Electron.
- Fresh Fruit & Healthy Snacks – Provided every day, with a suggestion board for new treats.
- Pastries, Cakes & Doughnuts – For the odd naughty pleasure.
- Soft Drinks Fridge – A large range of free chilled soft drinks.
- Electra's Beer & Wine Fridge – Free beers, ales and wine and even the odd gin and tonic. Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to.
- In-house Social Clubs – There are lots of ways to socialise with your colleagues here! From day one, you’re invited to join in clubs for D&D fans, board games, bouldering, drawing nights, yoga, cooking club – the list goes on, and there is always space open for new members!
- Dogs with Jobs - Electric Square is a dog-friendly employer. Bring doggo into the studio to meet and hang out with the rest of the team any time!
- Personal Trainer Sessions – Free gym sessions with our own Electric Square personal trainer.
- Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Nights Out – We work hard together so it’s good to let off steam and spend some time together seeing what the wonderful city of Brighton & Hove has to offer.
- Summer Festival – Every year on a hot summer’s afternoon, we all leave work early to enjoy the sun with company-organised pop-up diner, cocktail shack, bouncy castle, face painting and other fun amenities. The whole family is invited to spend the day coming to socialise with us, on us :)
- Exhibitions & Days Out – If there is an event happening of interest to us, we’ll happily spread the word, pick up the bill and see if any Electrons are up for going – we’re keen to get everyone out seeing what’s going on.