At Electric Square, the worlds we create are crucial to our games and in delivering fantastic experiences to our players. Our portfolio includes ‘Forza Street’ and ‘Hot Wheels id,’ with ‘Assassin’s Creed VR’ and electrifying AAA console games currently in development and even more about to start! Together with 3 studios, 150 people, 8 projects (and our studio dogs!), we offer world-class projects with a unique studio culture to ensure our teams feel empowered and inspired.
We can offer you an award-winning working environment with an employee satisfaction rating of 4.8 out of 5 on Glassdoor. At Electric Square, we don't just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Electric Square is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
ES is looking for an accomplished, enthusiastic and self-motivated Senior Programmer to join our team working on an exciting, new and unannounced project.
The Senior Programmer is responsible for designing, developing, testing and implementing systems and game code, and is happy to turn their hand to any task required. They are an active member of the code team, setting an example for and mentoring less experienced programmers.
A Senior Programmer at Electric Square:
- Designs, develops, writes, tests and implements systems and game code.
- Works with designers, artists and other personnel involved in the development process as required to create the highest possible quality product.
- Helps to develop technical design specifications and is able to implement them.
- Tests and refines gameplay features throughout the development cycle of the project.
- Estimates own tasks and delivers high quality code to that schedule.
- Mentors code team, passing on experience and expertise, and leads by example.
- Performs code reviews with the team to ensure code quality.
When you join Electric Square, you can expect to enjoy a unique culture whether it’s by participating and relaxing with one of our wellness benefits or discussing the latest games over lunch cooked by one of Brighton's incredible pop-up diners. The Studio knows that it’s when people feel at their best that the best games are made, and this is what Electric Square invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as an Electric Square team member.
- Holidays - 25 days’ annual leave entitlement including studio closure over the Christmas period plus all UK bank holidays.
- Bonus Anniversary Holidays - An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary working at Electric Square, up to a maximum of 30 days of annual leave entitlement.
- Generous Team Project Bonuses
- Company Pension Scheme – Employer contribution matching award winning pension scheme provided by NEST under the UK governments automatic enrolment scheme.
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme – Full private medical cover provided by BUPA Healthcare.
- Group Income Protection
- Health and Well-being Allowance – £50 per month to spend on your choice of a range of health and wellbeing-related activities, ranging from going to the gym, rock climbing, yoga and a lovely massage. It's on us!
- Group Life Insurance
- Private Dental Insurance Scheme – Full private dental cover provided under our dental plan company scheme.
- Visa & Relocation Package - We welcome applications from across the world and support visa sponsorship for qualified employees. We will pay for the visa costs for you and your family. We will also provide you with a relocation allowance.
- EAP - Employee Assistance Program that assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their work, health, mental and emotional wellbeing.
- Volunteer Time Off ‘Electric Square in the Community’ – Spend one day per year on full pay volunteering for the non-profit organisation of your choice.
- Tech Scheme - Over 5,000 products available from to buy over 12 or 24 month payment terms, saving up to 12% on National Insurance.
- Employee Share Purchase Plan (ESPP) - ESPP is an easy way for staff to get involved in entry level company ownership or make a small profit on savings.
- CycleScheme – CycleScheme is an employee benefit that saves you 25-39% on a bike and accessories.
- Free Electric Square Monthly Friday Lunch – Monthly Friday lunches bought to us by one of many amazing local pop-up diners – all local and organic, meat and vegan recipes. A wonderful way to catch up with everyone on a Friday over a beer or a bottle of kombucha!
- Eye-care Vouchers – Free eye tests.
- Train Travel Season Ticket Loan – Interest free company loan to spread the cost of an annual season ticket.
- Free Awesome Swag – Sleek Electric Square T-shirts and merch, with the iconic Electra symbol emblazoned on the front. New ranges out every season!
- Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console.
- Free locally roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
- Free Cereal Bar – Extensive granola, muesli and breakfast cereal selections.
- Exclusive anniversary presents – After your first and third year as an Electron.
- Fresh Fruit & Snacks – Provided every day and new suggestions are always welcome!
- Electra's Beer, Wine & Kombucha Fridge- A large range of free chilled soft drinks to keep you refreshed throughout the day!
- In-house Social Clubs – There are lots of ways to socialise with your colleagues here! From day one you’re invited to join in clubs for D&D fans, board games, bouldering, drawing nights, yoga, cooking club – the list goes on and there is always space open for new members!
- Two studios in the heart of Brighton – Electric Square South is right next to the Royal Pavilion in an imposing 1933 building originally called Electric House, Electric Square North is in a contemporary space on the other side of the Royal Pavilion.
- Dogs with Jobs - Electric Square is a dog friendly employer. Bring doggo into the studio to meet and hang out with the rest of the team any time! • Personal Trainer Sessions – Free gym sessions with our own Electric Square personal trainer.
- Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Nights Out – We work hard together so it’s good to let off steam and spend some time together seeing what the wonderful city of Brighton & Hove has to offer.
- Summer Festival – Every year on a hot summer’s afternoon, we all leave work early to enjoy the sun with company organised pop-up diner, cocktail shack, bouncy castle, face painting and other fun amenities. The whole family is invited to spend the day coming to socialise with us, on us :)
- Exhibitions & Days Out – If there is an event happening of interest to us, we’ll happily spread the word, pick up the bill and see if any Electrons are up for going – we’re keen to get everyone out seeing what’s going on.